Years ago, I memorized these words of comfort from Psalm 91:
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I am trusting him...
He will shield you with his wings. He will shelter you with his feathers.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor fear the dangers of the day,
nor dread the plague that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday...
For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go...
The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.
When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue them and honor them.
I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation."
Tonight, with a heavy heart, I seek solace in these truths once again.
Today we found out that my mother-in-law, Marsha, has breast cancer. The news came suddenly and unexpectedly; both Aaron and I are still floundering in a state of shock and disbelief. We will know more details on Monday, but it looks as though surgery will be scheduled for sometime next week and we will most likely fly to Ohio to be with her.
Please pray for our family - for understanding and peace for the three younger boys who may be scared and confused, for strength and comfort for the four older siblings who have already endured the pain of losing a parent to cancer.
And of course, for Marsha - that she would truly draw near to God, trusting in His faithfulness and lovingkindness, finding rest in the shelter of His beautiful shadow.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
and I am trusting Him
Posted by
Marisa
at
10:04 PM
Labels: divine intervention, mi familia
1 comment:
THIS HAS BEEN A SOURCE OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO A FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS ALSO DEALING WITH BREAST CANCER. "There is nothing - no circumstance, no trouble, no testing-- that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God & Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment; but as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift my eyes up to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is..that is, the rest of the victory."
Alan Redpath
Post a Comment