Last night, tarantulas were coming out of my mouth and swarming my body.
And if you're reading this, that means you know me, and if you know me, then you know that it was my worst nightmare come true.
Ok, so it didn't exactly come true. But we all know that dreams and nightmares feel true. And if anyone can turn feelings into truth, it would be me, the Queen of Feelings. (I am also heir-to-the-throne of the lesser known but equally emotional province, Reading-Into-Things.)
Regardless, it was authentic enough that my body couldn't help but react. Aaron said he heard me whimpering in the middle of the night, and I awoke in the morning twitching and checking my body for the leggy, hairy offenders.
A few nights prior, I had a dream involving Shamu the whale, a digital camera and my bathtub. I later recounted the dream to my easily amused brother, who then proclaimed it to be one of the funniest things he'd ever heard in his life. Hey, I said he was easily amused.
Now, I'm not one for oneirology and oneiromancy. I mean, how can you scientifically study something so ephemeral and sensory that it only happens in that elusive and complex spot known as the sub-conscious? How can you assign logic when logically there is none to be had?
But I can't help wondering. What does it all mean??
So I consulted a dream interpretation guide on the internet, and here's what I got:
"Whales are related with power and strength. Good times are coming."
Great! Fantastic! Perfect! Except...
"To dream you see a tarantula, denotes disagreeable prospect for health or for pleasure."
Huh.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
running wild
Posted by
Marisa
at
10:47 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment