Monday, March 12, 2007

instant oatmeal and thin mints

Apparently one of the side effects of my current depressed state is a lack of appetite, because that is all I could force down tonight. I'm feeling a little green now. Bleh.

The people who live in the apartment below us are either listening to very loud acoustic guitar music or having a full-on group jam session. At 11:00 at night. Normally, this type of rude and disrespectful behavior would have Irate Marisa banging on their front door, but tonight I think I'll just choose to find it soothing. I can't hear the words, but I can feel the steady rhythmic pulses vibrating the floor beneath me. It is pleasantly distracting white noise drowning out my cluttered and complicated thoughts.

I failed to mention that two weekends ago, Aaron and I went to Disneyland for my belated birthday celebration. Yes, that's right. THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH. Ironic, isn't it? I have pictures to share, which I'm hoping to post soon. There aren't too many, since when we weren't riding rides (Indiana Jones Ride, where have you been all my life?) we were busy stuffing our faces with churros and Mickey Mouse shaped pretzels and unfortunate-looking chocolate covered bananas. The remainder of the time was spent standing in line and/or dodging strollers, and there are only so many stupid poses you can come up with before its time to just put away the camera and enjoy the experience.

The music made me sleepy...time for bed.

No comments: