Tuesday, October 23, 2007

hooked

In addition to playing the piano, crocheting is something that has, sadly, been relegated to the 'Skills I Possess But Rarely Utilize' category of my life. As far as hobbies and pastimes go, I love them both dearly, but they are delicate pleasures that often get passed over for easier, less time-consuming pursuits.

Every now and then, I get the itch. So when my close friend and fellow crochet buddy (in fact, she is the one who taught me my first stitches many years ago) called to tell me that she was expecting her first baby, my mind immediately raced to the wee little blanket that I knew I just had to make for him or her.

I gave my friend the blanket at her baby shower a few months ago, and her reaction was everything I hoped it would be:

surprised heather
belly and blanket

No comments: