This weekend is the VNSA Book Sale.
We go every year -- more than 600,000 books for sale on the cheap. I am PUMPED.
I am also READY:
mesh sport socks and running shoes for weaving through the hoardes of people.
plain t-shirt and jeans. This is serious business, no time for frills.
headband to keep bangs off face whilst rummaging deep in the boxes stashed under the tables. This is often where I find the best stuff.
cell phone for coordinating hourly meet-ups with Aaron (he spends a lot of time in the History and Western sections, while I hit-up the Fiction and Art).
duffel bag for storing my loot. The cheap plastic bags that they provide are flimsy and NOT for the serious book sale shopper.
handwritten list of authors and/or books to keep watch for. This year, I am hoping to find an old copy of Henry James' "Portrait of a Lady."
$50 cash. Should be enough to score me at least 25 books, 30 if I'm lucky.
Time to go! Did I mention I am PUMPED!?!
Saturday, February 09, 2008
preparing for battle
Posted by
Marisa
at
1:29 PM
1 comment:
OMW. I am SO jealous. Next year I wanna come. :D
Post a Comment